Biota featured in March 2018 Journal of Petroleum Technology
Good diagnostic testing is often painstaking, time-consuming, and costly, but recent studies suggest that a lack of knowledge can be even costlier…
…That was an indication of the appetite for new tools that can measure the unique DNA in well bacteria to map fluids in wells, or analyze what perforations are stimulated by measuring how much they erode. Anadarko is working with Biota Technology to use DNA sequencing to identify the many fluids found in and around its wells and then use those markers to understand the interconnections in its reservoirs.
“There is a lot to learn from our side, and hence our partnership with Biota has been critical,” said Jose Silva, Anadarko’s lead business strategist, advanced analytics and emerging technologies. “We’re trying to get better at it from a data science perspective, and we’re leveraging the understanding (of) all the databases that this particular company is building on its own…”
Anadarko Petroleum teams up with Biota Technology to use databased microbe DNA to help map fluid movements and the source of production in the Delaware Basin. This paper was presented at the 2018 SPE Hydraulic Fracturing Technology Conference and Exhibition and is available on OnePetro.
- Biota’s DNA Diagnostics Technology Featured in SPE Publication
- Hart Energy profiles DNA Diagnsotics across the asset lifecycle in US Shale
- Biota discusses technical and commercial progress with premier energy bank, Tudor, Pickering & Holt
- Biota presenting DNA sequencing to enhance reservoir economics at several SPE events in April 2018
- Biota presents well spacing case studies on 200+ wells from the Permian Basin in World Oil March 2018 magazine